Having been part of projects from conception to delivery, I come with expertise in the field to make sure that your project is top of the line.
Without statistics on your site, you have no imperial data to prove the worth of your site. Being a developer and certified in Analytics I can show you how to get the most out of your data.
Because development is my passion, I love seeing ideas come to life. I want to see your ideas and values come to life.
Interested in hiring me or need a developer for a job? Drop me a message and I'll get back to you within 24 hours.
Erwin Penland contracted me to create an advanced search function for their food items. The search should allow the user to enter anything from the menu item title, ingredient, meal time, or category. It should allow for multiple input and also should have search suggestions.
Additionally, the page should will contain a section that allows users to click on predetermined filter items that would act similarly to the search function. Once the user clicks on the items, the most relevant items should surface to the top with similar items below.
Lastly, the job also required a nutritional calculator function to be done on the food item page. The nutrition calculator would initially display the nutritional information for the food item. If there are add-on items or side items, their nutritional information would be added to the nutritional sum once the user selected them.
Technically speaking, both sections would be done using AngularJS. The basic HTML would be given to me to build on. The data would be fed in from the backend using an API from a 3rd party company. It was my responsibility to create the JSON specs for the back-end developers in order to feed the data through to my specific sections.
Our goal was to provide a platform for journalists and analysts to be able to quickly create a report with drag and drop multimedia including photos, videos, charts, and maps. We were developing it in a way that the user would be able to create the entire report and embed those reports on any other site. Therefore, the code was expected to be portable in its entirety. I was brought onto the project at the time we were creating maps. We decided to use Mapbox for the maps. The maps piece was over 80% complete by the time we pulled the project. However, in that time I was able to allow users to create maps with all of the shapes included, save those maps along with all of the data, and reproduce the map with the the portable code.
Since we were not saving the data with Mapbox, it was crucial that we saved it completely in the portable code. This meant that we had to account for shapes such as circles that are not supported in standard GeoJSON. In addition, I also create options on each shape and marker that allowed the user to change all of the colors, icons, borders, and fill. Working on this project gave me a very in-depth knowledge of the Mapbox API, Leaflet (which Mapbox is built on), and GeoJSON.
I especially loved this project because I was able to learn a lot about geo location as well as the Mapbox project. GeoJSON was a exciting to work with and see how it can be manipulated to display almost any geographic data on a map. I would love to be involved with geo mapping in the future.
The first task was to convert a 12 column PSD design to a responsive theme for the front page of Cotopaxi's front page. To accomplish this, I decided on using the Bootstrap CSS framework since the default layout is meant for a 12 column layout. This also involved using Shopify's Liquid code to pull in products from the store items.
While working at Jackson Marketing Group, I took on the project of developing the back-end of RSC Bio Solutions. I was given the front end side of it to develop out. The client wanted to be able to edit pages and create blog posts. So, EllisLab's ExpressionEngine seemed like the best fit for what they were looking for. I created channels for each product line so that the the whole product line as well as each product would have their own page. For the SDS Library, I implemented a basic filter-as-you-type search using a small AngularJS function.
Working closely with the front-end team and the inside sales representatives, we were able to accomplish a lot and make the client happy in the process.
The University of South Carolina wanted to create a journal where their undergraduate students to be able to publish their research papers. So, they came to Jackson Marketing Group. I took on the project since I had experience working with WordPress which was the client's choice framework/CMS for the backend. Once the front-end team had developed the basic layout in HTML, it was handed over to me.
A few of the issues that I came across while developing this site were that they wanted to be able to have multiple authors along with their bios per article and they wanted the articles archived by semester instead of monthly. While these were not a big deal, they did give me the opportunity to dig in a little further into WordPress in order to understand structure as well as implement a few edited plugins in order to fulfill the needs of the project.